How we are governed:
Our Foundation is governed by a Board of voluntary non-executive Directors. The principal function of the Board is to ensure that the Organisation is being run in accordance with the objects as specified in our Memorandum and Articles of Association. The Directors are legally responsible for the proper functioning of the Foundation including accounting procedures. Our Directors receive no payment of any kind for their service to the Foundation. The Board meets eight to ten times a year and is advised by sub committees, which are made up of Board members.
- Audit Risk and Governance Sub-Committee
- Fundraising Sub-Committee
- Nominations Sub-Committee
Sub-Committees are set up from time to time to advise on specific matters.
Mayo Roscommon Hospice Foundation comply with the Governance Code for Community, Voluntary, and Charitable Organisations in Ireland. A review of compliance with the principles in the Code is carried out each year.
Our current Directors
- Mr. John Murphy - Businessman Roscommon
- Mr. John Tully - Pharmacist in Castlerea Co Roscommon
- Paul Foxe - Accountant in Roscommon Town
- Damian Slater Photographer Ballina Co Mayo
- Oliver McGuinness Pharmacist Roscommon Town
- Joanne Hynes Pharmacist Ballinrobe Co Mayo
- Ivan Moran Solicitor Castlerea Co Roscommon
- Mike Smith Insurance & Property Boyle
- Dolores Bourke Businessperson Castlebar
- Sean Walsh Director Poplar Linens Trading Co Westport
- Seamus Moran Retired Senior Executive of Allergan Pharmaceuticals
Dr Ita Harnett Consultant in Palliative Medicine