Shop Manager Required for our Mayo Roscommon Hospice Shop on James St Westport. experience would be a great advantage but full training will be provided.
The successful candidate will be responsible with assisting the day-to-day running of the Hospice Shop. Reporting directly to the Area Manager, he/she will be expected to maximise the revenue of the shop through excellent customer service and good practice of merchandising, stock management and rotation, and creation of a welcoming professional atmosphere for both our customers and volunteers.
- Key holder duties - Opening and locking up the Shop premises.
- Cashing up the till and Lodgements of both takings, and Patron donations in to the Bank.
- Prompt processing of administration.
- Maintaining all records of cash handling and sales for the Foundation.
- Using CCTV system to check compliance.
- Management of the Volunteer Rota.
- Dealing with customer enquiries and complaints.
- Taking in items of donated stock and deciding on deployment.
- Arranging bags for collection by recycling company and checking quantity that is loaded onto vehicle.
- Agreeing a pricing structure for stock.
- Displaying stock on the shop floor, rotating stock and window dressing.
- Ensure goods are attractively displayed on the floor and in windows.
- Ensuring that the Shop is kept clean, tidy and appealing for customers.
- Awareness of Health and Safety Standards for customers and volunteers.
- Good knowledge of services provided by the Foundation.
- Being an ambassador for Hospice in the community.
- Referring the public to the Hospice HQ for information on the Services provided.
- Reporting to the Area Manager and Head Office Staff.
- Assisting in the recruitment and training of volunteers in line with Hospice policies and procedures.
- Responsible for administration of Petty Cash.
- To be aware of and comply with Trading Standards Legislation.
- To be aware of and comply with Health & Safety Legislation relating to the welfare and safety of staff and volunteers, including GDPR.
- To be aware of security issues pertaining to the shop.
- Assisting the Foundation to perform additional duties, such as coordination of fundraising events, e.g. Sunflower days and coffee mornings in the local community in liaison with local community groups and the Area manager.
To apply please contact email@example.com
or call 085 7802383