We are currently in unprecedented times due to the outbreak of Covid-19 and the directions issued from Government this morning.
Because of the directives and in order to keep our staff, volunteers and donors safe, Mayo Roscommon Hospice shops throughout the two counties will be closing from this evening (March 12th) until March 29th.
The following fundraising events have also been postponed or cancelled.
- The Mad Hatters Tea Party scheduled for the Trinity Arts Centre in Castlerea has been postponed until later in the summer
- The Cian Coleman Colour run due to take place in Claremorris on Sunday March 22nd has also been postponed until a later date
- Break Out for Hospice – due to take place in Castlerea on Saturday April 11th has also been postponed
- Unfortunately our Summer Ladies Lunch, scheduled for Sunday April 26th at The Lodge at Ashford Castle has been cancelled for this year
- Due to the cancellation of Public Masses, all Churchgate collections for March are cancelled
Please keep our palliative care teams and frontline staff in mind during this time. They will be to the fore when it comes to dealing with the situation.
Mayo Roscommon Hospice Foundation remains fully committed to funding our palliative care service and building our Roscommon Hospice but due to these developments, a considerable strain will be placed on our fundraising efforts. We receive no Government funding, so your help and support during this time is vital.
We are asking people to text MRHF to 50300 at a cost of €4, where a minimum of €3.60 goes to Mayo Roscommon Hospice Foundation, or donate online on www.hospice.ie and help us to keep helping the most vulnerable in our society in their time of need.