Mayo Roscommon Hospice Foundation (“MRHF”) is committed at all times to treating its donors, beneficiaries, the public and supporters with the highest level of care and respect. This donor charter has been produced to assure donors and potential donors of our commitment to honesty, integrity, transparency and accountability in line with our adherence to the Guidelines for Charitable Organisations Fundraising from the Public.
As a charity seeking donations from the public, we commit to you, our supporters, donors and prospective donors that you will:
- Be informed of the MRHF mission and charitable purpose.
- Be informed of the identity of those serving on the MRHF governing board, and that the board will exercise prudent judgement in its stewardship responsibilities.
- Have access to the MRHF’s most recent financial statements.
- Be assured that all fundraising will operate in an honest, truthful and respectful manner and that all information and communications are clear so that they can be easily understood.
- Know the purpose behind any fundraising activities so that you can make an informed decision and know that your donation will be used for the purpose intended and further MRHF’s charitable purpose. If donations are made for a specific purpose, your request will be honoured.
- Be assured that information about your donation is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- Be informed about the type and frequency of follow up contact and or the frequency of planned communications.
- Receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition.
- Be assured that all general donations or any surplus from specific appeals will be allocated where most needed, to advance MRHF’s charitable purpose.
- Expect that all relationships with individuals representing MRHF will be dealt with professionally.
- Be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organisation or hired third party agents.
- Know that we will strive to minimise costs relating to fundraising.
- Have easily available, the agreed procedures for making and responding to complaints.
- Receive prompt and truthful answers to questions you might have of MRHF.
- Be assured that we adhere to the principles of the donor charter as set out by the Charity Regulator and comply with privacy requirements as set out in GDPR.